Showing Collections: 211 - 227 of 227
Travel journal from Mrs. E. A. Bean throughout Italy, including Florence, Pisa, Rome, Bologna, and Lucca, among other locations. Describes Mrs. Bean's observations of religious devotion, such as woman attending Mass with rosaries, and remarks on various cultural heritage sites with Marian artwork and statues.
The records of the University Honors Program document the program from its inception in 1983 through 2012. The largest portion of this collection is student theses, including engineering seminar theses and honors theses.
The collection also includes a newsletter, Honors News, correspondence, brochures and pamphlets, and event programs.
This collection contains administrative records, institutional and media publications, annual reports, and program histories for the University of Dayton Research Institute (UDRI), the sponsored research arm of the University of Dayton that was founded in 1956.
This collection includes 45 pieces of organ sheet music from the early 20th century.
Posters, playbills, photographs, scrapbooks, programs, and other memorabilia of the theater and performing arts collected by Urban Schnurr (1906-1972). The collection is international in scope and covers the early to mid-20th century. Includes Schnurr's personal papers.
Collected papers by and about the Ursuline Sisters of Maine, the history of the Ursuline order, and local parishes in the Waterville, Maine area.
This collection includes index cards for Catholic Church parishes within the United States with a Marian name or strong Marian devotion. Each index card lists the parish name, address, and phone number, as well as the diocese. It is believed that this index was created in the 1990s by Marian Library personnel.
The Victory Theatre records consist of Victory Theatre Association governing documents, as well as rental agreements, posters, photographs, sheet music, and other organizational records. The Victory Theatre (now known as the Victoria Theatre) is located on the corners of First and Main streets in downtown Dayton, Ohio, and has been a center for performing arts since 1866.
The Wayne and Bette Morse collection on the Kenley Players, a traveling theater company founded by John Kenley (1906-2009), is an accumulation of programs and organizational documents related to activities and performances of the Kenley Players in Dayton, Ohio, between 1966 and 1995.
This set of fourteen drawings presented to the University of Dayton Archives and Special Collections are copies of the original scaled drawings. Many of these drawings were sold in the past as post cards, paper weights, and on other items at the University of Dayton Bookstore. The full collection can be viewed online in eCommons.
Winnie Nardiello Papers include many different stuffs in her collection. Winnie Nardiello collection covers various aspects of the Catholic Church. Geographically, most of her collections closely relate to Middletown, Ohio. She collected papers about individual priests, sisters, and prayers. Holy Family Parish is one major source of Nardiello collection.
Transcripts and tapes of interviews with relatives, friends, associates, and employees of Orville and Wibur Wright and Charles F. Kettering. Interviews cover the early development of the airplane and flight as well as the Wright Brothers' personal lives.
The Yorgi Kefalidis collection on Ephesus contains his personal research materials on the ancient city of Ephesus, Turkey, and historical sites in and around the city and related individuals and events. A large portion of the collection includes materials pertaining to the House of the Virgin Mary (Meryem Ana).
- Mary, Blessed Virgin, Saint -- Art 20
- Catholic Church -- Prayers and devotions 16
- Mary, Blessed Virgin, Saint -- Devotion to 14
- Mary, Blessed Virgin, Saint -- Pictorial works 12
- University of Dayton -- Faculty 10
- College teachers -- Ohio -- Dayton 9
- Devotional objects -- Catholic Church 8
- Faculty papers 8
- Jesus Christ -- Art 8
- Mary, Blessed Virgin, Saint -- Shrines 8
- Music 8
- Universities and colleges -- Faculty 8
- Mary, Blessed Virgin, Saint -- Theology 7
- Mary, Blessed Virgin, Saint -- Miscellanea 6
- Mary, Blessed Virgin, Saint -- Titles 6
- University of Dayton 6
- Devotional literature 5
- Mary, Blessed Virgin, Saint -- Apparitions and miracles 5
- Mary, Blessed Virgin, Saint -- Prayers and devotions 5
- Mary, Blessed Virgin, Saint -- Societies, etc. 5 + ∧ less
- English 169
- Multiple languages 35
- French 12
- German 7
- Italian 3
- Spanish; Castilian 3
- No linguistic content; Not applicable 3
- Japanese 2
- Latin 2
- Dutch; Flemish 1
- Hungarian 1
- Korean 1
- Portuguese 1
- Ukrainian 1
- Vietnamese 1 + ∧ less
- Marian Library 21
- University of Dayton 4
- University of Dayton. Department of Music 4
- Carroll, Eamon R. 3
- Augustine, Saint, Bishop of Hippo, 354-430 2
- Benedum, Richard 2
- Bernardin, Joseph, 1928-1996 2
- Boeddeker, Alfred, 1903- 2
- Dayton Christian Jewish Dialogue (organization) 2
- Dayton Philharmonic Orchestra 2
- Francis, of Assisi, Saint, 1182-1226 2
- Franciscan National Marian Commission 2
- Franciscans 2
- Jelly, Fredrick M. 2
- Kenley Players 2
- Laurentin, René 2
- Liguori, Alfonso Maria de', Saint, 1696-1787 2
- Marianists 2
- Mary, Blessed Virgin, Saint 2
- Mersberger, Jerome 2 + ∧ less