Showing Collections: 1 - 12 of 12
This collection includes 67 albums assembled by the nuns at... Seventeen albums contain materials documenting Marian shrines in France. One album documents Marian shrines in other European countries.
Formats included in the scrapbooks are holy cards, postcards, clippings, photographs, maps, pamphlets, and other visual ephemera.
The Christine Mathieu Marian holy card collection contains approximately 1,700 Catholic holy cards, primarily depicting the Blessed Virgin Mary. The collection includes French Marian holy cards from circa 1853 through 2001. Holy cards in the collection document Marian devotional themes, iconography, titles, pilgrimage sites, and prayers.
The Henri Koehler correspondence contains letters, photographs, articles, and brochures that Mr. Koehler received in response to his written requests to churches in France with Marian titles. The correspondence was initiated through the suggestion of Fr. Theodore Koehler, Henri's brother, and director of the Marian Library at the University of Dayton.
This collection contains the research materials and manuscripts of French author and art historian, Maurice Vloberg (1885-1967). The materials primarily document Vloberg's research and writing on the topic of Marian iconography throughout history.
An original eighteenth century woodblock that was used to create devotional prints of Notre Dame de Bon Encontre. The woodblock is accompanied by a modern print created using the original block.
This collection contains English and French manuscripts regarding the Marian apparitions at Beauraing, Belgium. Some, possibly all, of the original manuscripts are written by Aurelien Pierroux, first secretary of the Pro Maria Committee.
- Language: French X
- Mary, Blessed Virgin, Saint -- Art 5
- Mary, Blessed Virgin, Saint -- Pictorial works 4
- Devotional images 2
- Mary, Blessed Virgin, Saint -- Miscellanea 2
- Mary, Blessed Virgin, Saint -- Shrines -- France 2
- Mary, Blessed Virgin, Saint -- Symbolism 2
- Abbaye Sainte-Croix de Poitiers 1
- Beauraing, Notre-Dame de 1
- Catholic Church -- France 1
- Catholic church buildings -- Europe 1
- Christian art and symbolism 1
- Christian art and symbolism -- France -- 19th century 1
- Christian art and symbolism -- France -- 20th century 1
- Christian saints 1
- Christian saints -- Pictorial works 1
- Christian women saints 1
- Devotional objects 1
- Jesus Christ -- Passion -- Art 1
- Jesus Christ -- Pictorial works 1
- Koehler, Henri -- Correspondence 1 + ∧ less
- English 2
- German 1
- Italian 1
- Japanese 1
- Latin 1