Dayton Christian Jewish Dialogue Papers
Scope and Contents
This collection is comprised of fifty folders. The first seven folders contain articles relating to either contemporary Jewish issues or interfaith relations. The following twenty nine folders contain meeting materials of the Dayton Christian Jewish Dialogue, including membership lists and meeting minutes. The next eight folders are materials from related organizations, including pamphlets, newsletters, and a button. The last six folders contain materials relating to specific events facilitated by the Dayton Christian Jewish Dialogue.
- 1960 - 2005
Access to Materials
This collection is open and available to the public for research in the University Archives and Special Collections reading room. The materials are non-circulating.
The materials in this collection may be protected by copyright law (Title 17, U.S. Code). The materials are available for personal, educational, or scholarly use. It is the responsibility of the researcher to locate and obtain permission from the copyright owner or his or her heirs for any other use, such as reproduction and publication.
History of the Dayton Christian Jewish Dialogue
The Dayton Christian Jewish Dialogue group was inspired by the 1965 Vatican II document, Nostra Aetate . The groups purpose was to promote interfaith education and understanding between Christians and Jewish people. As conceived under the guidance of Father Philip Hoelle, DCJD met monthly and even held several workshops. Their first national workshop occurred in 1973, where Father Edward Flannery was the guest speaker. DCJD has stopped actively meeting in 2008, but their legacies inspired the formation of other interfaith groups across the country.
1.5 Linear Feet
Language of Materials
Collection of articles, meeting materials, event planning materials, and promotional material of religious organizations relating to the Dayton Christian Jewish Dialogue.
Items are arranged in alphabetical order by subject and then chronoligically within each subject.
This collection was processed on October 21, 2015.
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Dayton (Ohio) Subject Source: Lcnaf
- Dayton Christian Jewish Dialogue (organization)
- Judaism -- Relations -- Christianity Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Newspapers Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Photography Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Spiritual retreat centers Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- University of Dayton Subject Source: Lcnaf
- Guide to the Dayton Christian Jewish Dialogue Papers, ca. 1960-2003
- Olivia Hessler
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note