Joe Lipinski Video Collection
Scope and Contents Note
This collection consists of 33 VHS tapes and digital copies of those tapes of the Flyerettes, cheerleaders, JV cheerleaders, and UD Flyer Girls filmed between 1990 and 1996.
Access to Materials
This collection is open and available to the public for research in the Archives and Special Collections reading room. The materials are non-circulating. Due to the format of material, please contact the University Archives and Special Collections prior to visiting.
The materials in this collection may be protected by copyright law (Title 17, U.S. Code). The materials are available for personal, educational, and scholarly use. It is the responsibility of the researcher to locate and obtain permission from the copyright owner or his or her heirs for any other use, such as reproduction and publication.
Joe Lipinski graduated from University of Dayton in 1975 with a secondary education degree. He also holds a master’s degree in English from UD. While at UD, he served as equipment manager for all sports except basketball. In the early-to-mid 1990s he was the videographer for the Flyerettes, cheerleaders, and UD Fly Girls. For more information about Joe Lipinski, see page 48 in the summer 2015 issue of University of Dayton Magazine.
2.5 Linear Feet (33 VHS tapes)
Language of Materials
- Baton twirling Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Cheerleading Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Dance Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Drill teams Subject Source: Lctgm
- Marching bands Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- University of Dayton
- University of Dayton. Department of Music
- Guide to the Joe Lipinski Video Collection
- Jennifer Brancato
- June 2015
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script