Edward C. Dill collection of Franklin D. Roosevelt memorabilia
Scope and Contents
The Edward C. Dill collection of Franklin D. Roosevelt memorabilia contains books, pamphlets, busts, plaques, campaign pins, photographs, medals, scrapbooks, and other materials related to FDR. There are also several items of interest not pertaining to FDR, including a U.S. Centennial medal and a Columbian Exposition medal. The collection spans 1797-1952.
- Dill, Edward C. (Person)
Access to Materials
This collection is open and available to the public for research in the University Archives and Special Collections reading room. The materials are non-circulating.
The materials in this collection may be protected by copyright law (Title 17, U.S. Code). The materials are available for personal, educational, and scholarly use. It is the responsibility of the researcher to locate and obtain permission from the copyright owner or his or her heirs for any other use, such as reproduction and publication.
Biography of Edward C. Dill
Edward C. Dill was born in 1911 and graduated from Steele High School in Dayton. In 1934, he earned his science degree from the University of Dayton. Beginning in 1951, he worked as a chemist at the Dayton Rubber Company. He died unexpectedly on February 20, 1953 at the age of forty-one.
Dill was a great admirer of Franklin Delano Roosevelt and an avid collector of memorabilia related to the thirty-second president of the United States of America.
27 Linear Feet
Language of Materials
Materials collected by UD alumnus, Edward C. Dill. The majority of the collection is made up of Franklin D. Roosevelt memorabilia, such as medals, stamps, buttons and pins, photographs, scrapbooks of newspaper clippings, and other promotional and campaign materials.
The Edward C. Dill collection of Franklin D. Roosevelt memorabilia is divided into nine series.
- Series 1: Books, pamphlets, and other printed items
- Series 2: Memorabilia
- Series 3: Campaign items
- Series 4: Photographs, postcards, and slides
- Series 5: Framed photographs
- Series 6: Medals
- Series 7: Commmemorative stamps
- Series 8: Commemorative album
- Series 9: Scrapbooks
Edward Dill's mother, Helen Dill, donated the collection to the University of Dayton after her son's death in 1953.
- Collectibles Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Collectors and collecting Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Dill, Edward C.
- Presidents -- United States Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Roosevelt, Franklin D. (Franklin Delano), 1882-1945
- Souvenirs (Keepsakes) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Guide to the Edward C. Dill collection of Franklin D. Roosevelt memorabilia, 1797-1952
- Lisa Pasquinelli
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note