Boumard Fils holy cards collection
Scope and Contents
This collection contains holy cards printed by the Boumard Fils company. Subjects depicted on the cards include the Blessed Virgin Mary, Jesus Christ, the Eucharist, and other religious images. Some of the cards have handwritten and typed inscriptions on the versos.
- Boumard Fils (Printer) (Publisher, Organization)
Language of Materials
Language of Materials
Restrictions on Access
This collection is open and available to the public for research in the U.S. Catholic Special Collections reading room. The materials are non-circulating.
Copyright is retained by the authors of items in these papers,or their descendants, as stipulated by United States copyright law.
History of Boumard Fils
Boumard Fils, also known as Boumard et Fils, was a family-run publisher of religious art, active at the beginning of the twentieth century. Boumard Fils was located in the Saint-Sulpice neighborhood of Paris, the center of the religious printing industry in France. The artwork on their earlier cards is exemplary of the Saint-Sulpician style.
0.125 Linear Feet (2 folders in Small Collections box 4)
A collection of holy cards printed by Boumard Fils, a French publisher of religious images.
Statement of Arrangement
Holy cards have been arranged in approximate chronological order, based on serial numbers and the presence of the "Boumard Fils" logo that was used on later cards.
U.S. Catholic Special Collections, 302 Roesch Library
The Commemorative Holy Cards Collection (CSC9) contains eight holy cards printed by Boumard Fils, dated between 1924 and 1968.
General Physical Description note
0.1 linear feet
- Catholic Church -- Prayers and devotions Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Devotional objects -- Catholic Church Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Jesus Christ -- Art Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Mary, Blessed Virgin, Saint -- Art Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Guide to the Boumard Fils holy cards collections
- Finding aid prepared by Colleen Mahoney
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description