Fratelli Bonella devotional materials collection
Scope and Contents
This collection contains holy cards printed by the Fratelli Bonella company. Subjects depicted on the cards include the Blessed Virgin Mary, Jesus, the Holy Family, Pope John XXIII, St. George, St. Jude, St. Therese of Lisieux, Christmas scenes, St. Michael the Archangel, St. Raphael the Archangel, St. John Bosco, St. Rocco, and other religious images. Some of the cards have handwritten and typed inscriptions on the verso.
- Fratelli Bonella (Printer) (Publisher, Organization)
Language of Materials
Language of Materials
Restrictions on Access
This collection is open and available to the public for research in the U.S. Catholic Special Collections reading room. The materials are non-circulating.
Copyright is retained by the authors of items in these papers, or their descendants, as stipulated by United States copyright law.
History of Fratelli Bonella
Fratelli Bonella is a publisher of Catholic devotional materials. It was established by brothers Egidio and Aristide Bonella in the early twentieth century in Italy (ca. 1930). It has continued to be a family-run business for three generations, and remains one of the leading producers of religious images in the world.
0.125 Linear Feet (4 folders in Small Collections box 4)
A collection of holy cards and other devotional materials printed by Fratelli Bonella, an Italian publisher of religious images.
Statement of Arrangement
Items in folder 1 are arranged in chronological order. Items in the rest of the collection are undated, but are arranged in approximate chronological order.
U.S. Catholic Special Collections, 302 Roesch Library
The Commemorative Holy Cards Collection (CSC9) contains 48 holy cards printed by Fratelli Bonella, dated between 1953 and 2005.
General Physical Description note
- Catholic Church -- Prayers and devotions Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Devotional objects -- Catholic Church Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Jesus Christ -- Art Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Mary, Blessed Virgin, Saint -- Art Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Saints -- Prayers and devotions Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Guide to the Fratelli Bonella devotional materials collection
- Colleen Mahoney
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note