Archdiocese of Cincinnati collection
Scope and Contents
This collection contains various items printed and distributed by the Archdiocese of Cincinnati. It includes letters from the Archbishops to parishioners and priests, appeals for donations, prayer cards, mass programs, and informational brochures. Offices represented in Folder 7 include the Catholic Campaign for Human Development, Catholic Men's Fellowship, Catholic Social Services of the Miami Valley, Central Offices of the Archdiocese, the Worship Commission, the Council of Priests, and the Office of Religious Education, as well as a copy of the Archdiocese's "Decree on Child Protection."
- Catholic Church. Archdiocese of Cincinnati (Ohio) (Publisher, Organization)
Restrictions on Access
This collection is open and available to the public for research in the U.S. Catholic Special Collections reading room. The materials are non-circulating.
Copyright is retained by the authors of items in these papers, or their descendants, as stipulated by United States copyright law.
History of Archdiocese of Cincinnati
The Diocese of Cincinnati was established by Pope Pius VIII in June of 1821. It was elevated to the status of Archdiocese in 1850 by Pope Pius IX. Today the Archdiocese includes the Ohio cities of Cincinnati and Dayton, and the surrounding area. A total of 230 parishes are a part of the archdiocese. The Catholic Telegraph, the diocesan newspaper, is the oldest continuously published paper of this type in the United States.
0.125 Linear Feet (7 folders in Small Collections Box 1)
Language of Materials
Mailings, brochures, and other ephemera printed and distributed by the Archdiocese of Cincinnati.
Statement of Arrangement
Materials have been divided into folders based on the office publishing them. Materials within each folder are arranged chronologically.
U.S. Catholic Special Collections, 302 Roesch Library
Collected for the U.S. Catholic Special Collection by Dr. Nicoletta Hary.
General Physical Description note
7 folders in Small Collections box 1
- Bernardin, Joseph, 1928-1996
- Catholic Church -- Missions Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Catholic Church -- Prayers and devotions Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Church fund raising Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Devotional literature Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Pilarczyk, Daniel E.
- Sacraments -- Catholic Church Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Social service -- Religious aspects -- Catholic Church Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Vocation -- Catholic Church Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Guide to the Archdiocese of Cincinnati collection
- Finding aid prepared by Colleen Mahoney
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note