Campus Ministry records
- University of Dayton. Campus Ministry (Organization)
Access to Materials
The materials in this collection are open and accessible to the public for use in the University Archives and Special Collections reading room.
Copyright to the official records of the University belongs to the University of Dayton. Non-official records in this collection may be protected by copyright law (Title 17, U.S. Code). The materials are available for personal, educational, and scholarly use. It is the responsibility of the researcher to locate and obtain permission from the copyright owner or his or her heirs for any other use, such as reproduction and publication.
History of Campus Ministry
- The Department of Campus Ministry is established. Prior to this, the chaplain and associate chaplain of the University, as part of the “Student Personnel Services” department, supervised administration of all spiritual group activities of the student body and of all religious organizations.
- The position title of “campus minister” replaces the position “chaplain” as the primary administrators of religious organizations on campus.
- Campus Ministry’s Graduate Assistant Program established to prepare graduate theology students as leaders in professional church ministry
- Residence Life Ministry and the Center for Social Concern began, adding the two administrative positions, assistant director of Campus Ministry
- Perspectives on Faith and Life Series began as a collaborative effort between Student Development, Campus Ministry, and the Program for Christian Leadership. Perspectives on Faith and Life Series (PFLS) is a discussion series designed to generate substantive discussion between students and faculty on select religious, academic, and social topics and their related faith perspectives. Led by faculty or staff speakers, each session includes speaker time and facilitated small group table discussions over a meal.
- Residence Life Ministry and Center for Social Concern directors became the associate directors of Campus Ministry; new positions, directors of Retreats and Faith Communities and Liturgy, also became the new assistant directors of Campus Ministry
20 Linear Feet
Language of Materials
- In Progress
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the University Libraries Repository
300 College Park Dr.
Dayton Ohio 45469-1360